Any solo miners on MNC mountain?

alttin

Hey, are there still any mincoin miners out there going it solo?

I've just dipped my toes into mining with my paltry notebook hardware and wasn't sure if I actually got the setup right for solo mining when I went to try it out. I realize right now the difficulty level is too high to see much (or any) success as a soloer without great gear, but I was curious to figure it out, in case a future opportunity arose for me.

I used to solo MNC with 1400khash a few months ago when hardly anyone mined it.

I did OK (my power costs 24c per k/w, so I was at least breaking even).

I imagine solo'ing without a decent rig would be quite a challenge now - blocks are only 2 MNC each, and all that hash fighting for just 2880 coins a day!

Ah, I see.

Yeah, I got my CUDAminer running hashes to the local mincoin-qt, but I couldn't tell if it was really doing anything, since it didn't give me any feedback or indication of even futile attempted success from my few dozen khashes per second. :P

At least in a pool now I can tell that things are working!

Think of it this way.  At 10,000 Khash/s, it would still take ~ an hour to mine one block (2 MNC).

Solo mining isn't very practical for average miners.  If you've got 5 rigs with 3 7950s or 7990s each then you could do it, but I might stick with a pool even then.

Think of it this way.  At 10,000 Khash/s, it would still take ~ an hour to mine one block (2 MNC).

Solo mining isn't very practical for average miners.  If you've got 5 rigs with 3 7950s or 7990s each then you could do it, but I might stick with a pool even then.

Ah, yep yep, that puts it in perspective.