• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any reports on how they hash.  The power is a big deal for miners, of course, and sometimes an increase in hashrate is just washed out by the extra electricity costs.

It seems to me that we need a full next generation of cards beyond the 7950/7970 to see a reason to upgrade from that line.  I'm not much up on this current set of incoming cards, but I think they're just boosted 7970 & 7950s for the most part.  The usual 6-month boost in performance from the same chips, I think.

...that said, I do need to do the research still.

I haven't seen any reports on how they hash.  The power is a big deal for miners, of course, and sometimes an increase in hashrate is just washed out by the extra electricity costs.

It seems to me that we need a full next generation of cards beyond the 7950/7970 to see a reason to upgrade from that line.  I'm not much up on this current set of incoming cards, but I think they're just boosted 7970 & 7950s for the most part.  The usual 6-month boost in performance from the same chips, I think.

...that said, I do need to do the research still.

that is where you are wrong, its the Hawaii architexture

you are thinking of the 280 which is Tahiti

it has true aduio (not in the 7k line) and uses GCN 1.1 rather than GCN 1.0

that is where you are wrong, its the Hawaii architexture

you are thinking of the 280 which is Tahiti

it has true aduio (not in the 7k line) and uses GCN 1.1 rather than GCN 1.0

This is AMD's new line of high end GPUs ? Am I in the stone ages already with my single 7950 ? :P

This is AMD's new line of high end GPUs ? Am I in the stone ages already with my single 7950 ? :P

2048:128:32 (70) 1792:112:32 (50)

to 2816:176:64 (x) 2560:160:64(non x)

the  fillrate is  in the 60's  for gpixels with the new cards when it was in the 30's witht the old

but what really matters here is compute where for each the gflops are 5632 (x) , 4848.64(non-x) and 4300 (70(oc)) , 3315.2 (50 (oc))

the only odd thing is... it accually has slower memory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here you can see hashrates for all GPU's

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Nice, thanks for that link. I checked at one point a while back and there weren't any new stats on there yet. Glad to see a bunch of coverage of the newer cards.

I'm hearing good things about the 280x as hashing pretty well at stock clocks and low voltages.  I don't have more final numbers to post, so I'll leave it up to that link instead.