How to restore wallet.dat

I backup wallet.dat in my wallet, then reinstall wallet and try to recover mincoin but , wallet create new file without  mincoin.how i can now to restore my old wallet.dat

Still not sure exactly what you did. Need more details. Please list every step. Example: "Step 1. Run/Start MNC QT, Step 2. Click "File" > "Backup Wallet, Step 3. Assign File name & Save to location....

Step 1:Run MNC QT    Step 2:Click "File" "Backup Wallet      Step 3: save wallet.dat on flash step       4:I don't now how to restore wallet.dat file

Did you uninstall MNC QT and then do a fresh install? And do you have the latest version: www.dropbox.com/mincoin-qt-v6.0.5.zip  ?

If you did a fresh install and you have the latest version BEFORE you run MNC QT for the first time (after a fresh install) you will want to locate your Mincoin Folder in "%appdata%". Once you have located this folder open it up. You will see an existing "wallet.dat" file in there. Delete this empty wallet.dat file. Then drag and drop a copy of your backup wallet.dat into this folder. Close out of the %appdata% and then run your fresh installed MNC QT (v.6.0.5). Your coins should now be in your new client.

• 2 weeks later...

Woot!  I was no help at all, but glad you figured this out.

I'll just add that you can change out a wallet.dat file (like if you have two different wallets with different balances -- not two backups, but two "accounts" with separate balances), you can load up an alternate wallet.dat file without doing any re-installation or blockchain re-download by using the --rescan command:

*** Backup the current wallet.dat file (if you need it) first ****

Put the wallet.dat file you want to restore into your Roaming directory as mentioned above and run the MinCoin QT wallet app with the "-rescan" command. I'll leave out the specifics of how to do this on your operating system, but you'll want to start the QT app from a command like like this:

mincoin-qt.exe -rescan

This will tell the app to start up and check through the full blockchain against your current wallet.dat and it will get everything updated accordingly.  It takes a bit of time but it's much faster than reacquiring the blockchain.

I'm really distracted with other stuff at the moment, so I hope I got this clear -- I was interrupted writing this at least 5 times. :)

Woot!  I was no help at all, but glad you figured this out.

I'll just add that you can change out a wallet.dat file (like if you have two different wallets with different balances -- not two backups, but two "accounts" with separate balances), you can load up an alternate wallet.dat file without doing any re-installation or blockchain re-download by using the --rescan command:

*** Backup the current wallet.dat file (if you need it) first ****

Put the wallet.dat file you want to restore into your Roaming directory as mentioned above and run the MinCoin QT wallet app with the "-rescan" command. I'll leave out the specifics of how to do this on your operating system, but you'll want to start the QT app from a command like like this:

mincoin-qt.exe -rescan

This will tell the app to start up and check through the full blockchain against your current wallet.dat and it will get everything updated accordingly.  It takes a bit of time but it's much faster than reacquiring the blockchain.

I'm really distracted with other stuff at the moment, so I hope I got this clear -- I was interrupted writing this at least 5 times. :)

Good stuff necom.  I know of the "-rescan" option/command but was hoping he wouldn't need to go there :) Also, maybe we should have a short tutorial pinned on this subject.

Good stuff necom.  I know of the "-rescan" option/command but was hoping he wouldn't need to go there :) Also, maybe we should have a short tutorial pinned on this subject.

It was funny, I got a long way through an explanation in a bunch more detail, but was getting interrupted so many times that I finally deleted it all and replaced it with "I'll leave out the specifics on how to do this...".  LOL

This would be a good general topic for a tutorial, yeah.  This type of stuff is certainly not obvious for most folks messing with their wallets and backups.  Some of the QT clients are starting to show up with multiple wallet capabilities, but I haven't seen how they work personally.