right? ok.... maybe its a setting somewhere, or do i have to sit on the coinage for a few days before shuffle them off?

All these wallets do indeed have a setting where you can specify the amount of fee to pay by default, so check for that setting.  However, it's a part of the Bitcoin wallet code that has some sort of variability to the fees that I still don't really understand -- haven't researched the topic.

That said, I don't know I've seen that sort of fees when transferring MNC, I don't think. It's been a while since I moved any around though, bag-holder that I am. :)

trying to send 0.1 MNC to cryptsy... using the linux client.

ok... easy right...

not when there's a 4.90mnc transaction fee! wtf?

is it because of where the mnc was mined? is it crypsty?

this is where it gets weird, because i have transferred the same amount before and there was a .03 fee those two times.

holy hell i changed to 100.00 mNC and now its 7.00 MNC to transfer....

tried it again, now its 5.10 MNC.

is this just with the linux client or does this happen on the windows client?

This is the first I've ever seen of this. I wonder if it is a bug in the linux client?  :unsure:  I have 784 tx's in one of my windows clients and I have never encountered this.

seems to be a glitch in the wallet... tried transferring to another address of mine and still getting ridiculous fees.

is the wallet code sane?

there a backdoor, lol

(i'm not worried yet, hardly have any MNC to worry about, but if this is typical... i might worry later and move on to a different coin)

post-995-0-56399600-1388894438_thumb.jpg

seems to be a glitch in the wallet... tried transferring to another address of mine and still getting ridiculous fees.

is the wallet code sane?

there a backdoor, lol

(i'm not worried yet, hardly have any MNC to worry about, but if this is typical... i might worry later and move on to a different coin)

Just out of curiosity can you send some coins to another wallet and post the block that transaction was in please..make sure it has rediculus fees. you can use this site to track it http://blockexplorer.vircurpool.com/chains

Yup just as i thought, what is happening is you have a large number of small inputs..from what i can tell its from the p2pool node you have been mining on

its a pain i know but what happens is u have alot of small inputs (u have mined a few coins but have been sent those coins over about 100 transactions and they all need to be signed when you send coins from ur wallet..think of a $50 note when you goto the shop you buy a coke and the merchant breaks it down and gives you back change

So now when you go home you put the coins in a jar and save them up and one day you want to pay rent with it well you have to go to the bank and get them to change it into a note again so it may cost you a fee cause they have to count it

its the same for the network u have to pay for it to check every input..anyhow im not good at explaining things but i would suggest you stop mining at the p2pool because u will always have huge transaction fees attached to ur coins because you are getting such small amounts each block mined from it.

Go to a pool where you can accumulate coins and be sent them in a lump sum...hope this helps ..btc and litecoin networks are not good for small transactions like this. i think the yacoin client is trialing something to combine them all somehow but haven't followed it in along time..if this happens when youa re mining on a bigger pool it also means they are sending you coins from many transactions and you should leave that pool asap..hope this helped

Yup just as i thought, what is happening is you have a large number of small inputs..

<snip>

..hope this helped

Nice!!  Great catch, L&S!  This answers some other questions about other coins that have really small rewards for mining too, I think.  Some of these sub-1coin mining reward currencies have really high fees if you move a lot around at a time and this concept totally should apply to that.  My last time I saw this was with SolidCoin, where the block reward is only .05 each.  When you send 10 coins even, it's a 30% fee or some craziness. That's due to the same Bitcoin code you're talking about.

Right on, thanks for writing this up.

• 3 weeks later...

have seen this also -.- 

2 mnc farmed localy , only 1.8 then on exchange after transfer local wallet to site.

0.1 mnc + 10 % transaction because large amount wtf ??? -

I am pretty shure that this shouldnt be like that , maybe 0.01 min transaction fee. 

and 0.1 % on large transactions > 100 MNC or so ... but the state atm is 10 % transmition fee... which is fairly to much. And incase of sending smaller amounts this gets even more crazy:

trying to send 0.0002 MNC and get a fee of 0.2 MNC.

This must be a error in the code. even the text still Displays "bitcoins" but this is not bitcoins. 

pls update the wallet as soon as possible - thats a coin which is allready on the exchange Sites, this should be taken more seriously.

XW5s5Tz.png

http://i.imgur.com/pPpIhrb.png

The text saying "bitcoin" still is due to that being a translated version of the wallet text. Much of the code is still keeping the original translations form the original bitcoin code.  I'll make a point to go through all the translations and change simply the word "bitcoin" to "mincoin", but other than that, I can't personally do any more translations.

Regarding the other issues, I really don't know how it works in depth, but I'll try to get the time to learn about it so I understand it better. This is after all, bitcoin code, so any project using this same code has the same issues, from what I understand.  It's nothing that is unique to MinCoin.

I'll see where we can look into this and address it somehow. I can't speak to any potential changes to the code though, as it's out of my league.

Its to do with coin destroyed days and you need to leave the coin in your wallet for at least a couple of days so you don't get hit with a huge fee!

it is hard to explain because its alot to learn but leave newly minted BLOCKS in a wallet for more then a week and you will be fine!

same rules don't apply for coins you have accumulated over many small transactions of .001 and .1 and less they all need to be signed and they all cost fee

stay away form p2pool if you don't have much hashing power and leave newly minted blocks in your wallet for awhile and you should have no issues

thanks for reply, i ll leave my coins in wallet now for a week or so , and will have a look then if this has impact. -

bcause of hashing power: was solo mining with 600 kh/s just for a couple of hours and had 2 blocks ;) maybe luck or so , dunno - 

- will report l8er if i find some blocks :)