P2Pool refusing connection

LtPaxIV

hello it looks like mincoin is refusing to connect to p2pool.there is an issue opened on github.anybody got a clue why its refusing to connect?

If you're trying to connect to p2pool.org the owner should be updating at some point today hopefully. 

Please try using one of these pools in the meantime 

*Mincoin.io Pool: http://pool.mincoin.io/

*Snow Leopard's Hashery (Canada): http://mincoin.x1z.net

Which p2pool version are you using?    Does it have built-in MinCoin support or must you specify the individual worker, rpc, and p2p ports on the command line?

With the only information provided so far being it doesn't connect, the best guess is an error in the port numbers being used.

hello it looks like mincoin is refusing to connect to p2pool.there is an issue opened on github.anybody got a clue why its refusing to connect?

Which repo on github?

All the p2pool repos I've found use the wrong ports by default, therefor you need to specify them on the command-line:

python run_p2pool.py --net mincoin --bitcoind-rpc-port 9335 --bitcoind-p2p-port 9334

That being said, cryptovein is the only code that actually works.  The other 2 I've found (dynius/p2pool and p2pool-altcoins) hang at Testing P2P connection, but it is NOT a mincoind problem as the same behaviour is shown on feathercoin and litecoin.

mincoin node is up again :)

thx cryptovein

p2pool.org? 

Which repo on github?

All the p2pool repos I've found use the wrong ports by default, therefor you need to specify them on the command-line:

python run_p2pool.py --net mincoin --bitcoind-rpc-port 9335 --bitcoind-p2p-port 9334

That being said, cryptovein is the only code that actually works.  The other 2 I've found (dynius/p2pool and p2pool-altcoins) hang at Testing P2P connection, but it is NOT a mincoind problem as the same behaviour is shown on feathercoin and litecoin.

Thanks for your help on this issue! . 

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I'm kinda interested in checking out p2pool mining for Mincoin.

Anybody else feel like getting a few p2pool nodes established and mining as we move forward on client updates?

The patches from crypto-vein look good and could probably easily be ported into the latest stable p2pool code.

Is the Forrest V p2pool repository still the "most maintained" or actively developed?

Best Regards,

-Chicago