MNC CGminer Settings

prospector

The fast coins (like 1-minute or less blocks) tend to work best with lower scan times to reduce stales.  Default is 60 seconds, so you could work 59 seconds on a block that was found in the first second, for instance -- leading to the reject.

I've had good luck on my LAN with as low as 2 seconds, but that can sometimes be too fast depending on how much activity is on the network. (I've got several rigs and several workstations, so if someone fires up Netflix too, things can change.)

I would suggest something like 4-10s, but even up to 20-30 would still be much better than the default if you are still getting rejects.

Hi, how long does it takes to solo mine at 1Mhash/s? is it in days, week or months?

I was going to answer this before, but in the meantime, value of MNC took a little rocket ride and now there's a big mining interest again.  The current difficulty is over 3.3, which is really high for MNC.  Mining at that diff solo is not worthwhile.  

You're best off going to a pool with anything over .5-.6 max, I'd say, with that amount of hash.

Again, Vipah's got a good pool, but there are others I don't know off the top of my head:  

http://mnc.vircurpool.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm mining with the wallet... I think... it works?

Yep, cranking away!  That will only be your CPU mining using the wallet like that. You'll have to install another bit of software to get your video card's GPU grinding. The wallet miners only use CPUs, as far as I know.

scantime, expiry, and queue are all important.  You can also just do -s -E and -Q instead of the full names.

I vary, but my most common is something like -s 5 -E 5 -Q 4, but each varies coin to coin and pool to pool.  Even though this is all math, sometimes it comes down to trial and error to find your best settings.