Best CPU Miner for MNC

kamen

Anyone can suggest the best cpu miner for MNC?

Thanks

CPU mining is going to be rough.  I'm not sure if the MNC hashing algorithm is actually going to change or not, but currently, it's a scrypt-based coin and as such, is vastly better with GPUs than with CPUs for mining.  Also, considering the current price of MNC (after yesterday's big push), the difficulty has gone up such that GPUs are even going to be slowed down quite a bit if it holds and increases.

I am only discouraging this because it will very likely cost you more in electricity bills to push your CPU for hashing, than its worth in payback.  This could change, I suppose, if price goes up enough, but I'd have to run the maths on that.

If you're still interested, I can dig further -- you'll have just as much luck as me if you search Google/whatever for something like "cpu scrypt mining" or similar.

HTH

I am running an awful nvidia something something.  I can be more specific later.  I can't seem to get it running for quite a few scrypt coins using Multiminer with cgminer OR bfgminer as a backend.  Suggestions?  (I need to fix my internet connection for my amd gpu 6 core cpu.  I'd love to leave both to mining if possible again soon.)

I am running an awful nvidia something something.  I can be more specific later.  I can't seem to get it running for quite a few scrypt coins using Multiminer with cgminer OR bfgminer as a backend.  Suggestions?  (I need to fix my internet connection for my amd gpu 6 core cpu.  I'd love to leave both to mining if possible again soon.)

The route to go while mining on nvidia unfortunately is cudaminer  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

If you have questions or need help,  you can pm me or start a thread.  

Even a very out-dated GPU will still be better than CPU for mining.  I'm still not really answering the original question here, but it's hard to put much focus on even bothering with CPU.  You can get something out of it, but you're better off setting up to mine with your GPU at even very low intensities (if you want to use your machine at the same time) to modest intensity for more hash power.

gpu can work?

MNC is a scrypt coin, so yeah, you can mine with GPU.  I personally have used cgminer most of the time, but I need to try bfgminer again since I've heard it is good.

There is some chance that the hashing algorithm might be changed in a future version, but even that is likely to allow for GPU mining.

I'm only CPU mining at the moment. Is it worth it? How much for a decent GPU card? I don't have much money, so would be keen for second hand if available. If I use a 3Ghz CPU only, how many MNC could I mine in a day?

MNC is currently going to be pretty tough to get much reward for mining without a GPU.  The mining difficulty has gone up significantly due to recent price surges.  With the diff being higher (like 3.5-4.5 regularly and up to 7, I've seen it), you might only be getting a couple coins a day. (Sounds grim.)

You would have to look around for "scrypt" (spell it right) mining stats for various GPUs to see what they can hash, as well as see if you can find what a 3Ghz CPU can do.  I honestly don't know what that CPU would produce.

Commonly-used GPUs are almost always AMD parts, since they hash much faster than Nvidia.  A great GPU is the Radeon HD 7950, from a price/performance/power perspective.

Even with a single 7950 board, I'm guessing around 6 coins per day, maybe, with difficulties around 4-ish.  

Best thing to do is start with what you have and do your research to see if you want to invest in more.  Mining is a fickle thing.  Go here and get started with a pool (mining solo is foolish at these diffs) and see what your CPU can do:

http://mnc.vircurpool.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

• 2 weeks later...

I would be really interested in a CPU miner for this coin.

Has anyone actualy tried it?

Yeah, it's pretty slow, but it does work.  As has been discussed, it's really a bit of a waste of electricity to mine scrypt coins with CPU.  Not to dissuade you if you want to do it, but just don't expect much return at these current (6-9) difficulty levels.

CPUminer is a good option if you're still wanting to give it a shot:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.0

I further the sentiment that CPU mining isn't profitable unless you aren't paying for electricity. This is because CPUs have very very little RAM inside of them compared to GPUs, which have up to 3GB of RAM. RAM is incredibly important in the scrypt algorithm compared to Bitcoin's SHA256.

Just curious- what is keeping people from buying GPUs? I'm willing to sell some for MNC/fiat/BTC!

I believe that CPU mining still has a place especially those who are getting free electricity, also my guess as to why not use the GPU instead. Well, it may be just for the fun of it going to a local library, with a laptop that doesn't have a red/green GPU. And just mining away while one does his/her own work/reading. The fun of it generating a few decimal point coins at a pool.

The point is, for fun and at the same time gives a little support to the mining effort. :)

I believe that CPU mining still has a place especially those who are getting free electricity, also my guess as to why not use the GPU instead. Well, it may be just for the fun of it going to a local library, with a laptop that doesn't have a red/green GPU. And just mining away while one does his/her own work/reading. The fun of it generating a few decimal point coins at a pool.

The point is, for fun and at the same time gives a little support to the mining effort. :)

Great point.  I do enjoy that part of mining.. I have bills to pay on all my equipment and electricity usage, but I like the idea of being part of what's happening with crypto-currencies.

Thanks for putting down that perspective.  It's a nice reminder of that side of things.

Great point.  I do enjoy that part of mining.. I have bills to pay on all my equipment and electricity usage, but I like the idea of being part of what's happening with crypto-currencies.

Thanks for putting down that perspective.  It's a nice reminder of that side of things.

i do enjoy mining with cpu on my spare time. but mining with cpu on scrypt based coin is simply silly, coz gpu outperform cpu.

use cpu on cpu based coin like xpm and src, well enjoy your ride until botnet take over... :lol: