Mincoin android app?

Not sure how big of a task this is, but it sure would be cool!  

I do know several Android (and iOS) devs, but they're usually tied up making games.  They do freelance gigs so I'll throw out a couple feelers.  This might be hard to sway them into action due to their activity almost solely in games -- and their very tight/overbooked schedules.

Can't hurt to ask, though! :)

Not sure how big of a task this is, but it sure would be cool!  

I do know several Android (and iOS) devs, but they're usually tied up making games.  They do freelance gigs so I'll throw out a couple feelers.  This might be hard to sway them into action due to their activity almost solely in games -- and their very tight/overbooked schedules.

Can't hurt to ask, though! :)

Thanks friend! I can offer MNC with SuperTramp.

Well,

I know a guy who creates a Android widget (here) which shows the price of coins. He's willing to make something for mcxNOW/Mincoin, kinda like a price ticker. But he asked for a donation, because apparently he only makes it for coins with high market caps and MNC isn't there... yet.

I'll ask him if he's willing to make an MNC wallet, I'll let you know what he says.

Well,

I know a guy who creates a Android widget (here) which shows the price of coins. He's willing to make something for mcxNOW/Mincoin, kinda like a price ticker. But he asked for a donation, because apparently he only makes it for coins with high market caps and MNC isn't there... yet.

I'll ask him if he's willing to make an MNC wallet, I'll let you know what he says.

Ask him his price and I will start rallying us together.

So the dev got back to me, and right now he doesn't have the time to do any development work (family priorities).

We should really get this going soon guys, we should get an Android MNC wallet, and also an mcxNOW Android ticker (widget). I'm still waiting to see a price ticker for mcx!

So, do we have any other Android devs interested in an MNC bounty?

So the dev got back to me, and right now he doesn't have the time to do any development work (family priorities).

We should really get this going soon guys, we should get an Android MNC wallet, and also an mcxNOW Android ticker (widget). I'm still waiting to see a price ticker for mcx!

So, do we have any other Android devs interested in an MNC bounty?

I suggest making a post on http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4bitcoins  :D

I've got way more experience and interest in making games when I create stuff, but I might just use this as a reason to dig into more non-game dev.  

...not this month, mind you. :P  (or next, likely)

I do have some plans for apps that are not games, so maybe a little project like this would be a great exercise if nobody has made it yet by the time I have a window open for new projects.

I've got way more experience and interest in making games when I create stuff, but I might just use this as a reason to dig into more non-game dev.  

...not this month, mind you. :P  (or next, likely)

I do have some plans for apps that are not games, so maybe a little project like this would be a great exercise if nobody has made it yet by the time I have a window open for new projects.

Much adoration and money will be due unto you hahaha.

Please make an awesome gui if you do find the time!

I'm a developer but it's the holiday season and I'm so loaded with extra work just to pay bills...and have money to buy gifts for people who are going to buy me gifts.  I never understood this concept once you passed the age of 18.  Holiday gift exchanges just feel wrong to me.  If everyone spends more money around the holidays anyway, why not spend it on themselves so they get what they want, and just write genuine cards to family and friends?

Ugh, anyway, yea, this wouldn't be that difficult a project considering the litecoin android wallet exists.  I'll clone https://github.com/hank/litecoin-wallet tonight, and when I have some time, I'll take a look at the code.  I've developed android apps before, so I have the technical ability; it's just a matter of time.  If no one completes this by the end of the year, I'd be more than happy to work on it.

Better yet, if there are any other devs out there, preferably ones familiar with how cryptocurrencies actually work, we could start a git repo and get cracking on an android wallet right away.