What happens when i mine

jacwib

A true story by me
So 1 day i decide to mine mincoin :D
It refused to connect but i fixed that . Then i went to buy milk and i checked the status of my computer. It said it was disconnected so i ran home and sprinted up the stairs. At the middle i felt smoke. I ran even faster. When i came up it sat there mining and i were like oh. I pushed stop and checked what i generated. 0.00027 MNC. Nice i said to myself, thats what u get of a faucet i half an hour and it took 5 mins :D

[EDIT spelling lol]

Yup, with only 2 MNC per block the rewards won't be huge at these prices. This is mainly the result of the coin being extremely undervalued still. I've heard that solo mining MNC works best? Maybe someone else can confirm this...

Glad to see more people coming on board MNC :)

Soloing at the moment is folly.  Diff is currently up around at least 6-ish to over 9 many times now.  I'd only recommend soloing down nearer to 1.5, max.

...not to say I don't still try soloing, but it takes a long time to solo a block without quite a bit of power.  You're best off in a pool with anything as difficult as MNC is getting these days.

yea thats the pool im using, btw mine in windows or öinux?

I find windows much faster with guiminer (running cgminer), but some have seen better performance with ubuntu. Guiminer is just too easy to pass up for me

@jellyfish420 - that's accurate.  For 650-700khash/s, you should be mining a little more than 2 MNC/day.  Solo mining is only smart (imo) if the coin you're mining has a block that YOU can find in an hour or less, unless you really know what you're doing to avoid stales.  An MNC block is 2 coins, and at 1Mhash, it should take ~12 hours to mine one block (2 MNC).  Luck comes into play, so that 12 hours could vary greatly, but IMO, it's much wiser to mine in a pool in situations like this to avoid wasting half a day of mining.  I only solo mine coins that I can mine in an hour or less (for a block).

• 1 month later...