D. J. Bernstein

sdf

The man to whom we owe a great deal of respect, money, and gratitude is D. J. Bernstein.

Here is his site: http://cr.yp.to/djb.html

Bernstein is directly responsible for salsa20, which is what makes the scrypt algorithm so strong and secure. He personally aided Colin Percival to my knowledge, so it is likely that without him, next gen cryptocoins like LiteCoin and MinCoin wouldn't exist.

His site contains much useful and funny content, among them:

1) All of his course materials that would usually cost $100s in textbook form.

2) All of his academic papers that would usually be behind a library/archive pay wall.

3) All of the court documents relating to his legal efforts to allow the global spread of cryptographic technology.

4) Tragically funny stories about working as an academic.

I highly suggest you read his site to understand where this technology we all use came from :)

I found myself at that site a while back. There really is a wealth of info there.

I currently don't have enough reason to dig through more of that since I'm not in the market for "fun research" at the moment.  However, thanks for the reminder.

I found myself at that site a while back. There really is a wealth of info there.

I currently don't have enough reason to dig through more of that since I'm not in the market for "fun research" at the moment.  However, thanks for the reminder.

Poor necom :( I know how it feels to have to choose between fun and not fun research... Eventually there came a breaking point, and I chose "fun only" and promptly left my dreams of being an academic behind lol.