Are crypto-buyers less likely to buy physical goods?

necom

I'm not sure if this is really an issue or not, but I'm hoping some folks have had experiences running online shops where they're sending out physical goods.

Do you think that anyone buying with cryptos is less likely to want to enter in physical addresses for shipping?  I am seeing quite a few shops online, so maybe it's a non-issue.

It just seems like a digital goods business would be far more trafficked than a physical goods business.  I'm mostly just commenting/wondering about the idea that so many people in this scene seem to want more anonymity in general.

...maybe I shouldn't worry about this stuff and just set up shop?   :P

I think there is a big sect of the crypto industry that is paranoid about anyone knowing their address or location. That is why I think my giftcard idea would be a viable one, because they could at least use a PO box or redeem them online.

However, I feel there is an equally large sect of cryptocoiners that would happily visit a brick and mortar shop, or would be comfortable giving their address to a party they could trust.

Let me know what you put together!

One thing that's hard to figure out, is just how many people are really buying stuff with their cryptos.  I might just have it all "wrong"-ish in thinking I have to worry about it at all.

I've definitely decided that adding acceptance of any crypto currency needs to be accompanied by links to info on how to obtain said currency -- links to exchanges or forums like this, etc.

Most of the stuff I think about selling targets tech-minded folk anyway, or even specifically people who already are into cryptos.  There will be a big switch to get into "mainstream" channels anyway.

Right, it is nothing against mainstream people probably are not familiar with/interested in generating crypto. Even many gamers I know, who probably have the required technology, are not very interested in it.

So it is certainly an enthusiast project, and we enthusiasts just so happen to be hoarders rather than spenders. However the specs of the coin support spending quite easily, so it will be up to us to figure out a unique way for MNC to attract people who wish to spend quickly.

I have a small bit of experience here.

I currently live in a city that has a world renound Gold/Silver Mint (Perth Mint, AUS), so I have the opportunity to buy physical gold/silver at good prices.

I currently offer to buy gold/silver for fiat and post the goods on to users on a local precious metals forum, who pay me beforehand in BTC.

I have found they have no issue with giving out their address, and I used to get great demand.  I don't offer the service so much anymore as I used it to effectively buy BTC without paying commissions, and I don't have the need to buy as many BTC these days.

But yeah, the precious metal community is fairly paranoid usually and they had no issues.

I have a small bit of experience here.

I currently live in a city that has a world renound Gold/Silver Mint (Perth Mint, AUS), so I have the opportunity to buy physical gold/silver at good prices.

I currently offer to buy gold/silver for fiat and post the goods on to users on a local precious metals forum, who pay me beforehand in BTC.

I have found they have no issue with giving out their address, and I used to get great demand.  I don't offer the service so much anymore as I used it to effectively buy BTC without paying commissions, and I don't have the need to buy as many BTC these days.

But yeah, the precious metal community is fairly paranoid usually and they had no issues.

Cool! I guess the people who have something to hide are the ones who are more cautious about giving their address out when they don't otherwise need to.

PS: Do you follow what is happening in Coober Pedy? I know they do a lot of mineral mining out there, but I'm super interested in hearing about the oil industry there, if there is one yet? Someone I trust was hyping it hard

PS: Do you follow what is happening in Coober Pedy? I know they do a lot of mineral mining out there, but I'm super interested in hearing about the oil industry there, if there is one yet? Someone I trust was hyping it hard

I have an insider in West Australian affairs, but Coober Pedy is in South Australia so I'm not in the loop sorry.

Shale is just starting to boom in Australia, but if you are talking stocks - its often not so much the mineral, but the deposit size/location.  Check out the 2 year ASX chart for SIR.AX to get an idea of what I mean, and that is just boring old nickel!

• 2 weeks later...

Also forgot to say, I've been spending BTC on physical goods since early 2012 - buying goods is what got me started in BTC!

Thanks for sharing the experiences. I also have been thinking that anyone really interested in cryptos is also often anxious to get to actually /use/ them for something. When it comes down to it, the opportunity to buy goods with them may push them past the privacy concerns around keeping their address secret.

People who want cryptos to expand also may be some of the first to be totally fine buying up physical goods.  The shift from digital currency to physical goods seems a bit of a paradigm shift that many might just be clawing to support.

I like to save my crypto coins, but I have no objection with buying real life items. It's just that I'm really conservative with my coins. :P

Conservative with coins is the best way to be.  Especially if you aren't crypto rich ;)

• 5 months later...

Buying in places like overstock, gyft cards...even my wife's online shop is quite fun and easy (go shpping use to be funny) but cryptos allows new markets and services cause in more easy and cheap, yes cheap. Let me explain it. I.E. if you find an artist that you like it and you want to help him/her you can left some satoshis more easily than paying a tip with master card o visa, of couse with less fees o none at all, and you do not need to put a minimum, try to give somebody a tip of 0.05 $ with visa, master card or paypal, in some cases the fee/tax is bigger than the amount to transfer. Freelance jobs has a good advantage as well with crypto, and of course crowfunding. So I mean tradicional shopping is quite fun as always with crypto, but we have the oportunity to change a little bit the world putting lees money in the tradicional "made in china" products through transnational brands & shops and create a new market between citizens.

• 3 years later...
On 10/28/2013 at 9:49 AM, 5Dzz said:

Using crypto is very convenient for purchases. I'm all for online shopping, just stuff like shirts or clothes I prefer to try on first, hehe.

I feel like I'm wasting Bitcoin every time I spend them on anything because every time I blink, the price of a Bitcoin goes up by $200.

5 hours ago, Yankee said:

I feel like I'm wasting Bitcoin every time I spend them on anything because every time I blink, the price of a Bitcoin goes up by $200.

Well, if you are buying something you actually need and will use I don't think you are 'wasting' btc. That being said, if you bought or obtained btc when it was at $2,000usd or less and you buy something using btc now with the price over $6,000usd I look at it like you got one hell of a good deal! Of course $btc could continue to increase but it's not like you spent 10,000btc to buy a pizza or something ;)

8 hours ago, Mark Kaye said:

Yup absolutely valid point. I believe people need to relax instead of thinking that they just left the opportunity away. The fun part is that people with brains needs no tension. There are long list of opportunities, so one goes, it is always next waiting to jump up. It is irrelevant what is done, as it can’t be changed. So, we could be wise and could aim at better things. I have few Bitcoin, but that is it. I am not even looking for more instead I am aiming for Ethereum, Ripple and such. I have even over 3k investment on upcoming ICOs. My next target is Caviar; it is few weeks away from presale, but already on their Telegram channel and looks highly promising! So it’s not just about BITCOIN!

bc71dc13e5f6f68224a9e1765f7d32a37d401ec7

• 2 years later...

You are able to access to distinctive Deep Web marketplaces using only the alternative URLs, it suggests the following : prospective clients and dealers lack the ability to join the market before they will get an links from an already enlisted shopper.
Look at https://darkwebonion.com/, it possesses active link to concerning Deepweb markets. You shall follow these link in order to get access to the sites.
Whenever there are some problems with an access (links don't work), you should lie in wait and check for Darknet marketplaces alternative URLs. Carry on, as few marketplaces close and launch registrations frequently, based on server load.